We do accept monetary donations. It takes money to do all that we do. We have rent, food costs, and gasoline reimbursements. In emergency situations we pay utility bills or buy an air conditioner or heater. On occasion we cover a night’s stay at a hotel for someone. For the indigent without IDs we cover the cost to aid in getting those. Currently, our costs overall (with all volunteer labor) run around $2000 per month.
We are also looking into purchasing some property and put a couple of small buildings that would include a facility to provide lunches Monday through Friday, a truck stop style shower, and a commercial washer and dryer.
If you would like to give online, click the button below.
Here are some facts about Serenity Corner you may want to know:
- Exempt under 501(c)(3).
- IRS Employer Identification Number granted April 26, 2016.
- The purpose of this Church is to glorify God by obeying the Great Commandment (Matthew 22: 36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20). The process is designed to produce disciples of Jesus Christ which involves at least the following four categories.
- Worship – (Celebrating) “To love God with all your heart…” (Matt. 22: 36-40)
- Ministry- (Caring) “Love your neighbor as yourself…”(Matt. 22: 36-40)
- Evangelism- (Cultivating) “Go… and make disciples…” (Matt. 28:18-20)
- Discipleship- (Communicating) “Teach them to observe…”(Matt. 28:18-20)
- This church is autonomous and maintains the right to govern its own affairs, independent of any denominational control.
- This church does not maintain membership of individuals, preferring that all who confess Jesus Christ as Lord feel free to affiliate independently.
- The Board of Directors shall be composed of the Pastor, the Ecumenical Advisor, and at least 3, but not more than 5, elected ministry or lay members. The Board of Directors shall have the power to exercise all powers necessary for the operation of the Ministry, expressed or implied, which shall be necessary and proper to carry out all the executive functions, and all other powers both civil and ecclesiastical as it may determine.